Singapore, 25 March 2020 – China Mobile International (CMI) announces the launch of CMLink Singapore, its Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) service targeting the Chinese community and those connected to it. With unique features such as bundled IDD talktime to mainland China and Hong Kong SAR, cross-border data and SMS forwarding from China Mobile numbers, CMLink enables Chinese immigrants, students and professionals living in and traveling to Singapore to stay connected with China.
CMLink Singapore is the fifth overseas mobile business by China Mobile International across the globe, after United Kingdom, Canada, Japan and Thailand. The mobile service is targeted at Chinese nationals living in or travelling extensively to Singapore, in addition to business travellers who shuttle between mainland China, Hong Kong SAR and Singapore.
Given that Singapore is a leading economic hub and a key node in the Belt and Road Initiative, CMI – China Mobile’s operating subsidiary charting new grounds in overseas market — seeks to answer the rising demand for services that enable consumers to stay connected.
“There is a significant Chinese community working and living in Singapore and CMLink with its tailored services like free high-quality IDD calls to China and free SMS forwarding from a China Mobile number, helps them stay connected to friends, family and business partners easily”, says Ms Adelyn Ong, Managing Director of CMI Singapore, “It’s also part of CMI’s efforts in delivering compelling digital services that break down barriers of communication for global consumers while fostering open exchange between Belt and Road companies.”
CMLink will operate on the widest and fastest network in Singapore.* Customers can choose from 4 no-contract SIM-only plans, ranging from $15 to $70 per month.
CMLink offers unique features to connect with mainland China and Hong Kong SAR
- Subscribers can make crystal clear calls to mainland China and Hong Kong with bundled IDD minutes. Excess minutes are charged at local rates.
- Cross-border data – Bundled data can be shared across Singapore, mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Existing China Mobile subscribers can get SMS on their Chinese number forwarded to their CMLink Singapore number, through the CM Numbers Link service. This allows customers to access Chinese websites and services that require OTP sent to their China mobile number. CM Numbers Link service is free until 31 December 2020.
- Plans come with free Call Number Display, free incoming calls and free bundled SMS.
To celebrate the launch, for all $30 and above plans, CMLink is offering $20 off for 6 consecutive months from now till 30 June 2020. This discount will be valid from the second bill onwards. Hence, customers who subscribe to our $30 plan for 20GB can now pay as low as $10 per month for 6 consecutive months.
Customers can sign up via www.cmlink.com/sg to enjoy the offer, with free SIM registration and delivery. Port-in service is available at no additional charge.
For further inquiries, customers can contact a dedicated 24/7 customer service hotline in Chinese and English.
* Fastest download speeds according to Tutela Annual Report 2020. Widest 4G+ coverage based on IMDA’s 4G Outdoor Mobile Service Coverage Measurement Results from Q42014 – Q1 2019.
About China Mobile International Limited (CMI)
China Mobile International Limited (CMI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of China Mobile which is now the largest telecom operator in the world by network scale and subscriber base, and is among the top in terms of market capitalization and brand value. CMI is mainly responsible for the operation of China Mobile’s international business, and has expanded its footprint to 22 global offices around the world. Leveraging the strong support by China Mobile, CMI provides a full range of comprehensive international telecommunications services and solutions to international carriers, enterprisers and mobile users.