1.It’s a hit.
這件事很受人歡迎。
2.You hit the nail on the head.
你真是一言中的。
3.It’s all greak to me.
我全不懂。
4.He’s always on the go.
他永遠是前進的。
5.That’s a good gimmick.
那是一個好辦法。
6.He is a fast talker.
他老是說得天花亂墜。
7.What’s the gag?
這裏面有什麽奧妙?
8.Drop dead.
走開點。
9.What’s eating you?
你有什麽煩惱?
10.He double-crossed me.
他出賣了我。
11.It’s my cup of tea.
這很合我胃口。
12.Oh,my aching back!
啊呀,天啊,真糟!
13.I’m beat.
我累死了。
14.I’ll back you up all the way.
我完全支持你。
15.It’s a lot of chicken feed.
這是小意思,不算什麽。
16.Cut it out.= Go on. =Knock it off.
不要這個樣子啦。
17.Do to hell.
滾蛋!
18.Stop pulling my leg.
不要開我玩笑了。
19.Don’t jump on me.
不要跟我發火。
20.No dice.
不行。
21.He always goofs off.
他總是糊裏糊塗。
22.So,you finally broke the ice.
你終于打破了僵局。
23.Nuts!
胡說!
24.He is a nut.
他有點神經病。
25.It’s on the house.
這是免費的。
26.Don’t panic.
不要慌啊!
27.He is a phoney.
他是一個騙子。
28.He was put on the spot.
他已經給人打死了。
29.He’s down and out.
他已經完了。
30.That will be the day.
要有這麽一天就好了。
31.Don‘t push me.
別逼我。
32.Don‘t give me your attitude.
別跟我擺架子。
33.Don‘t dream away your time.
不要虛度光陰。
34.Don‘t you dare come back again?
你敢再回來!
35.A flash in the pan.
昙花一現。
36.He always likes to play a lone hand.
他喜歡單槍匹馬地去幹。
37.That boy never says uncle.
那個孩子的嘴特別硬。
38.You rose to the bait.
你中圈套了。
39.Play to the score.
見機行事。
40.I‘m from Missouri.
你騙不了我。
41.He‘s a brain.
他可是個有頭腦的人。
42.This draught occurs once in a blue moon.
這場旱災是百年不遇的。
43.How dare you!
你敢!
44.In doing we learn.
經一事,長一智。
45.Get off my back.
少跟我羅嗦。
46.Keep your temper under control.
不要發脾氣。
47.That‘s enough of your back talk.
不許你回嘴。
48.He is trying to cash in on me.
他想占我便宜。
49.Don‘t chicken out.Be a man.
不要退縮了。
50.I‘m hard up.
我經濟很困難。
51.It‘s full of hot air.
這是雷聲大雨點小。
52.He told me to get lost.
他叫我走開。
53.What‘s in it for me? = What‘s my cut? = What‘s my share?
我有什麽好處?
54.I got a big kick out of it.
這件事真令我開心。
55.He kicked the bucket.
他已經歸天。
56.Oh!You are killing me!
笑死人了。
57.He is an operator.
(here it means a thief,a swindler,)
他是一個老滑頭。
58.He passed out.
他已經昏倒了!
59.Don‘t be that way!
別那樣!
60.You are casting pearls before swine.
你這是對牛彈琴。
61.Example is better than precept.
身教勝于言傳。
62.There is no one but hopes to be rich.
沒有人不想發財。
63.He really has no guts.
他真的太沒骨氣了。
64.He has a lot on the ball.
他很能幹。
65.Wow,the car is awesome.Can I get a load of it?
哇,這車真是帥呆了。我可以騎騎看嗎?
66.I‘m totally maxed out.
我真是完全累壞了。
67.Give me a hand.
幫我一下忙。
68.Foot the bill.
付帳
69.You‘re still wet behind the ears.
你還嫩點兒。
70.He had racked his brain.
他已經絞盡腦汁了。
71.Our team gained the upper hand.
我們隊占上風。
72.There go the house lights.
劇院的燈光滅了。
73.She eats like a bird.
她飯量特別小。
74.He got off on the wrong foot when he started doing.
他一開始就出師不利。
75.In her hometown ,she was a big fish in a small pond.
在她家鄉,她很了不起。
76.He lives only a stone‘s throw from here.
他住的地方離這兒只有一箭之遙。
77.Our hopes were all gone.
我們的希望成泡影了。
78.Go ahead with your plan.I‘m all for it.
進行你的計劃吧,我完全贊成。
79.He has his faults,but all in all,he is a good guy.
他有不對的地方,但總的來說,他還是個不錯的家夥。
80.Your explanation is as clear as mud.
你的解釋一點都不清晰。
81.I‘m really crazy about Michael Jackson‘s rock and roll.
我對麥克傑克遜的搖滾愛的發狂。
82.Their opinions on art are simply for the birds.
他們對藝術的見解真是荒唐可笑。
83.I told him to beat it.
我叫他走開。
84.I beat my brains (out) to get a job.
爲了找尋工作,我傷透了腦筋。
85.When it comes to fishing,I beat him by miles.
講到釣魚,我比他棒的多。
86.Tell me what‘s your beef?
你抱怨什麽?
87.I‘ll come back before you know it.
我很快就回來。
88.Please behave yourself before the guests.
在賓客面前你檢點一點。
89.He is the man behind the curtain(scenes).
他是幕後人物。
90.You need to make a case for your suggestions before you can get them approved.
在你的建議得到批准之前,你必須提出充分的理由。
91.Don‘t tell others.Let sleeping dogs lie.
不要告訴別人。莫惹是非。
92.It‘s in God‘s hands and we have prepared for
the worst.
聽天由命吧,我們已經做最壞的准備了。
93.When I knew I just being hired ,I jumped out of my skin.
當我被錄用時,我簡直欣喜若狂。
94.The whole team was in the doghouse because they lost the game.
由于輸掉比賽,整隊都陷入困境。
95.I looked high and low for my pen.
我到處找我的鋼筆。
96.He got to know the ins and outs of the accidents.
他終于弄清了事件的前因後果。
97.He left his wife high and dry.
他抛棄了他的妻子。
98.If you remain stuck-up,they will often try to pull your leg.
假如你還是目中無人的話,他們會常常想愚弄你的。
99.How can we know whether a person is on the up and up by his appearance!
從一個人的外表我們怎麽能知道他是坦率的呢!
100.He‘ll be out and about very soon.
他很快就能到戶外活動了。
我們爲讀者提供各類資訊外,也爲大家提供各類新加坡留學等資訊,及如何在新加坡中英文業余學習(課程可申請政府津貼),中英文教學會計ACCA課程,精品雅思班,提升學曆等
我們還專設新加坡留學和澳洲留學業務
歡迎電話:84258441,添加微信:jasonjuven
童老師
掃二維碼關注我的文章
推薦閱讀: