有一本名叫《別以爲還有20年,你跟父母相處的時間其實只剩下55天》的書,書中提到: 假定我們和父母是兩地分居, 一年當中只有過年過節6天才可以陪在父母身邊。
但是,我們真正和父母在一起的時間不到一天11小時。 假如父母已經60歲了,而且能活到80歲,其實我們和父母的真正相處時間不到11*6*20=1320小時,也就是55天,連兩個月都不到。
上下滑動,查看雙語演講稿
My mom would be at all my sporting events.
我的媽媽會出席我參加的每一場運動賽。
Let’s say I was playing football, OK!
就說說我踢足球的時候吧。
My mother would be on the sidelines and if the play on the field starts going one way, my mother would run and run, “Mike! Get up! Get up!” and I’d like, “Oh! my Gosh!!”
我的母親會在場邊,如果比賽形勢走向了對方那邊,我的媽媽會邊跑邊叫“馬克!加油!加油!”,這時候我心裏總是會想,“天哪,別喊了!”
I get in the huddle with the other guys and they go, “Marc, is that your mother?”
我跑進隊伍和其他同伴在一起,他們會問,“馬克,那是你的媽媽嗎?”
I go, “No, I never saw her before in my…”
我說“不,我之前從來沒見過她…”
See! The greatest gift my mother ever gave me: she believed in me.
看!我媽媽給我最好的禮物就是:她相信我。
I’ve overdosed on drugs on three occasions where I should’ve been dead, but I believe I was kept here for a reason.
我曾因爲吸毒過量三次走到了死亡的邊緣,但是我相信我還活著是有原因的。
You show me your friends I’ll show you your future.
你告訴我你的朋友是怎樣的,我就能告訴你,你的未來是怎樣的。
How do I know this?
我是怎麽知道的?
I hung out with losers and I became the biggest loser of them all, because I gave up everything I dream about as a little boy. because of who I chose to surround myself with.
我曾經和一群失敗者鬼混,然後我變成了他們中最失敗的一個。因爲我放棄了我小時候的所有夢想。因爲我選擇了讓自己和誰鬼混。
My friends drive me home at 2:00, 3:00, or 4:00 in the morning.
我的朋友們在淩晨兩點、三點或者四點開車送我回家。
We’d be drunk and high, laughing in the car.
我們酗酒嗑藥,在車裏大笑。
We pull up in front of my house and all they go, ”Marc! Marc! The light’s on”, and I go,“Oh! Man! My mother is up.”
我們在我家房子正前方停車,然後他們一起說“馬克!馬克!燈亮了”,然後我說,“噢!天哪!我的媽媽起床了”
See? my mom wouldn’t go to bed until she knew her son was still alive.
看見了嗎?我的媽媽不會睡覺除非她知道她的兒子仍然活著。
I’d walk in and she’d say, “Hi Marc, how was your night?”
我走進家門,然後她說:“嗨,馬克,你的夜生活怎麽樣?”
“It goes good mom, just gonna go to bed, just…”
“很好媽媽,我現在只想去睡覺,只想…”
“Can I … Can I talk to you for a minute?”
“我能…我能和你聊一會兒嗎?”
I go, ”Mom! I’m tired and I’m just gonna go to bed, just…”
我說:“媽!我很累並且我只想去睡覺,只想…”
“Marc! I haven’t seen you all day and all night. Can I Please talk to you?”
“馬克!我整天整夜的見不到你人。我能和你聊聊嗎?”
I’d say, ”Man, just leave me alone! You bug me!”
我說:“嘿,讓我自己呆著!你打擾到我了!”
I’d slam my bedroom door on the one person who believed in me.
我在那個最相信我的人面前,砰地一聲把臥室的門關上。
I was on a worldwide tour where we wrestled in overseas Japan.
當時我在世界巡回摔跤賽日本站。
After my wrestle match I went upstairs to my hotel room and I fell asleep.
結束我的摔跤賽之後,我走上我酒店的房間然後睡去。
There was a knock on my door three o’clock in the morning.
淩晨三點有人敲我的房門。
I got out of the bed and looked through the safety window, and I could see it was a Japanese promoter.
我從床上起來然後透過貓眼看見是一個日本服務員。
So, I opened the door and he said,”Marc, you need to call home. There’s been an emergency.”
然後,我打開門,他說“馬克,你需要打個電話回家。有緊急的事情。”
I went and got hotel room phone. I called back to the United States and say, “Hey! What’s going on?”
我去找了酒店電話,我打回美國然後問:“嘿!發生什麽事了?”
He said ,”Marc, I don’t know how to tell you this.”
他說:“馬克,我不知道怎麽告訴你這事。”
I said, “just tell me what happened.”
我說:“告訴我發生什麽就行了。”
And somebody start crying and go, “Marc, I can’t tell you…”
然後不知是誰開始哭泣然後說:“馬克,我不能告訴你…”
I said,”Just say it.”
我說:“盡管說吧。”
He said, “Marc, your mother died.”
他說:“馬克,你的媽媽去世了。”
I just threw the phone down and I ran out of my hotel room.
我立刻丟下電話然後跑出酒店的房間。
I took the elevator to the lobby when the doors opened up.I just ran out of the street.
我乘坐電梯去往酒店大廳,當電梯門打開的瞬間,我立刻跑上大街。
I mean there was no cars, there was no peoples.
我意思是大街上沒有車,沒有人。
Three o’clock in the morning.
淩晨三點。
And I walked down in the middle of the street in Hiroshima, Japan.
然後我茫然失落的走在日本廣島的大街中央。
I remember looking up and just saying, “Mom, I am so sorry.”
我記得我擡頭仰望,然後說:“媽媽,對不起。”
I flew home for her funeral and I was so nervous to walk up to her casket, so I just stood way in the back.
我飛回家參加她的葬禮,我太緊張而不敢走近她的木棺,所以我只是在後面呆呆的站著。
And I kept looking from a distance and I kept thinking to myself.
我從遠處目不轉睛的看著並且一直反思自己。
Mom, please wake up! Please Get up!
媽媽,請醒過來!請起來!
And then I finally got the nerve to walk up to her and as I got closer I could see my mom for the first time.
然後我終于鼓起勇氣走近她,隨著我走的更近,我真正第一次看見了我的媽媽。
I mean…She was so beautiful. She was dressed in white, I mean…She looked like an angle.
我的意思是…她是如此美麗。她穿著白色的衣服,我的意思是…她看起來像一個天使。
And I just stood over her and said, “Mom! You are my hero. Everything I am, everything I hope to be was because of you. You loved me so much, you gave me life, You’re the only one that ever believed in me…”
我站在她的旁邊然後說:“媽媽!你是我的英雄。我所有的一切,我想成爲的所有都是因爲你。你如此愛我,你給了我生命,你是唯一永遠相信我的人。”
How did I repay her?
我是如何報答她的?
By getting drunk…by getting high…by getting stupid…by hanging out with losers?
酗酒….嗑藥…墮落…和沒有追求的人厮混?
For what?
爲了什麽?
All she ever wanted to do… was talk to me.
而她所想要做的…只不過是和我說說話而已。
I wish I could talk to you now mom.
媽媽我多麽希望現在能和你聊聊。
I wish you could see what I’m doing.
我多麽希望你能看見我現在做的。
Why can’t I have been a better son?
爲什麽我不曾是個好孩子?
We’re defined by our choices.
我們的選擇決定了我們的未來。
But if you surround yourself with people involved in drugs, alcohol and pills, it’s a dead end.
但是你和那些吸毒、酗酒、嗑藥的人厮混,不會有什麽好結果。
I’m not here to preach to you, I’m here to tell you I lived that life.
我不是在這裏說教你們,我在這裏是想告訴你們我過過那樣的生活。
It leads to broken hearts, broken relationships, broken dreams ,and death.
那是一段心碎、關系混亂、失去夢想、充滿死亡氣息的日子。
For what? To get high?
爲了什麽?爲了嗨嗎?
If you have a mother or a father, when you go home, tell them that you love them.
如果你的父母還健在,當你回家時,告訴他們你愛他們。
See? My whole life was about being rich and famous.
看到了嗎?我整個人生都在追求名利。
I had to be millionaire.
我已經是百萬富翁。
I had to win a race.
我贏得過比賽。
I had win a race, expense my marriage, my family, my friends for what?
我贏得比賽,卻犧牲了婚姻、家庭、朋友,這有什麽意義?
To be all alone in the world?
在世界上孤獨終老?
I learned what is truly important and that is: how precious this gift of life is our families, and how quickly it can be taken away.
我學到了真正重要的是:家庭是人生中最重要的禮物,然而也是最脆弱容易失去的。
See? I no longer live in time, I live in moments.
看到了嗎?我不在虛度光陰,我珍惜每一刻時光。
See? It’s not what’s in your pocket that matters.
看到了嗎?財富並不是最重要的。
It’s what’s in our heart that truly matters.
最重要的是心中有愛。
Love, Love is just a word until somebody comes along and gives it meaning.
愛,愛只是一個詞,直到有人教會你它的真谛。
You, you’re the meaning.
而你,你才是真谛所在。
爲什麽在擁有珍貴的禮物時,我們不懂得去珍惜,而要等到失去時再追悔莫及。今天是母親節,如果身在異鄉的你還沒有打電話給你的母親,送上你最虔誠的感恩與祝福,請現在馬上去做!在母親身邊的你,請給她一個大大的擁抱,表達你對她的愛意。祝天下的媽媽們,節日快樂,身體健康!
I no longer live in time, I live in moments, it’s not what’s in your pocket that matters, it’s what’s in your heart that truly matters: love. Love is just a word until somebody comes along and gives it meaning.
我不再活在時間裏,我活在當下,你口袋裏的東西並不重要,而是你心中的東西最重要,那就是:愛!愛只是一個詞,直到有人出現並賦予它意義。
HAPPYMOTHER’S DAY
對于父母來說,最深情的告白就是盡量多陪他們,而不是只是給他們錢。如果你能做到以下3條以上,父母一定會很開心的:
1.記住他們的生日,生日當天送上他們的禮物。
2.帶他們每年體檢一次。
3.常回家看看,做不到的話,每周打2次電話。
4.經常給父母拍照,特別是當你有了另一半/寶寶的時候。
5.帶父母出去旅行。
6.不要對父母指手畫腳,不要和父母吵架,耐心聽父母的唠叨。
7.無條件地支持父母的業余愛好。
8.幫父母實現年輕時候的夢想。
我們爲讀者提供各類資訊外,也爲大家提供各類新加坡留學等資訊,及如何在新加坡中英文業余學習(課程可申請政府津貼),中英文教學會計ACCA課程,精品雅思班,提升學曆等
我們還專設新加坡留學和澳洲留學業務
歡迎電話:84258441,添加微信:jasonjuven
童老師
掃二維碼關注我的文章
推薦閱讀: