Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
每個人都會死亡,但不是每個人都活過。
It is not death most people are afraid of.
大多數人恐懼的不是死亡
It is getting to the end of life only to realize that you never truly lived.
而是在走到生命盡頭時,發現自己從未真正活過。
There was a study done a hospital study on 100 elderly people,
根據某醫院的研究,訪問了100名老人。
facing death close to their last breath,
在他們即將面對死亡,只剩最後一口氣之時,
they were asked to reflect about their life’s biggest regret.
要他們回顧他們一生中最大的遺憾。
Nearly all of them said they regretted not the things they did.
幾乎所有人都表示,他們並沒有對自己做過的事感到遺憾。
But the things they didn’t do.
而是他們沒做過的事。
The risks they never took.The dreams they didn’t pursue.
從未冒過的險。不曾追過的夢想。
I ask you, will your last words be,” If only I had…”
我問你,你人生的遺言會不會是,“如果早知道…”
Hey, you wake up. Why do you exist?
嘿,兄弟,醒醒吧。你存在的理由是什麽?
Life is not meant to simply work wait for the weekend and pay rent.
生活不是簡單的工作,等待周末和支付租金。
No, no, I don’t know much, but I know this every person on this earth has a gift.
不,不,雖然我知道的不多,但我知道這件事,世界上每個人都是天賦異禀的。
And I apologize to the black community.
我要向所有的黑人朋友們道歉。
But I can no longer pretend.
但我再也無法假裝。
Martin Luther King that man never had a dream.
馬丁·路德·金从来没有过梦想。
That dream had him.
是夢想擁有了他。
See people don’t choose dreams dreams choose them.
不是他們選擇夢想,而是夢想選擇了他們。
So the question I ‘m getting to,
所以我要問你,
Is do you have the courage to grab the dream that picked you,
你是否有勇氣好好把握它,當夢想選擇你,
That befits you and grips you.
靠近你,擁抱你時。
Or will you let it get away and slip through?
還是你會讓它就這樣和你擦身而過?