八年級下冊 Unit 1
What’s the matter? 怎麽了
I have a sore back. 我背疼。
I have a cold. 我感冒了。
I have a stomachache. 我胃痛。
She has a very sore throat now. 她現在嗓子很痛。
Maybe you have a fever. 也許你發燒了。
I think I sat in the same way for too long without moving. 我想我坐得太久了不能動了。
I think you should lie down and rest. 我想你應該躺下休息。
I have a cough and a sore throat. 我咳嗽喉嚨痛。
You should see a dentist and get an X-ray. 你應該去看牙醫,照張X光片。
I should take your temperature. 我應該量一下你的體溫。
I have a headache. 我頭痛。
I have a fever. 我發燒了。
You need to take breaks away from the computer. 你需要遠離電腦休息一下。
If your head and neck still hurt tomorrow, then go to a doctor.
如果你的頭和脖子明天還痛,那就去看醫生。
Bus driver and passengers save an old man. 公共汽車司機和乘客救了一位老人。
He got off and asked the woman what happened. 他下車問那個女人發生了什麽事。
But to his surprise, they all agreed to go with him. 但令他吃驚的是,他們都同意和他一起去。
Some passengers helped Mr.Wang to move the man onto the bus.
一些乘客幫助王先生把那人擡上車。
It’s sad that many people don’t want to help others because they don’t want any trouble.
很遺憾,很多人不想幫助別人,因爲他們不想惹麻煩。
Bus No.26 hit an old man on Zhonghua Road. 26路公共汽車在中華路撞到一位老人。
The old man had a heart problem and needed to go to the hospital right away.
老人有心髒病,需要馬上去醫院。
Do you agree that people often do not help others because they do not want to get into trouble? 你同意人們經常不幫助別人是因爲他們不想惹麻煩嗎?
But the driver didn’t think about himself. 但司機沒有想到自己。
Put a bandage on it. 用繃帶包紮一下。
He was running under the hot sun and then he felt sick and fell down.
他在烈日下跑步,然後感到惡心,摔倒了。
He cut his knee. 他割傷了膝蓋。
One girl had a nosebleed. 一個女孩流了鼻血。
As a mountain climber, Aron is used to taking risks. 作爲一個登山者,阿龍習慣于冒險。
There were many times when Aron almost lost his life because of accidents.
有很多次阿龍因爲意外事故差點喪命。
On April 26,2003, he found himself in a very dangerous situation when climbing in Utah.
2003年4月26日,他在猶他州攀岩時發現自己處境非常危險。
On that day, Aron’s arm was caught under a 360-kilo rock that fell on him when he was climbing by himself.
那天,阿龍的手臂被一塊360公斤重的石頭夾住,那塊石頭是他獨自攀爬時落在他身上的。
But when his water ran out, he knew that he would have to do something to save his own life. 但當他的水用完時,他知道他必須做些什麽來挽救自己的生命。
So he used his knife to cut off half his right arm. 所以他用刀割下了他的半條右臂。
He bandaged himself so that he would not lose too much blood. 他用繃帶包紮自己,以免失血過多。
This means being in a difficult situation that you cannot seem to get out of. 這意味著處于一個你似乎無法擺脫的困境中。
In this book, Aron tells of the importance of making good decisions, and of being in control of one’s life. 在這本書中,阿倫講述了做出正確決定和掌控自己生活的重要性。
Do we have the same spirit as Aron? 我們有和阿倫一樣的精神嗎?
let’s think about it before we find ourselves “between a rock and a hard place”,and before we have to make a decision that could mean life or death.
在我們發現自己處于“岩石和堅硬的地方”,必須做出可能意味著生死的決定之前,讓我們考慮一下它。
Rron did not give up after the accident and keeps on climbing mountains today.
事故發生後,羅恩沒有放棄,今天繼續爬山。
I don’t fell well, nurse. 我感覺不太好,護士。
八年級下冊 Unit 2
I’ll help to clean up the city parks. 我會幫助清理城市公園。
The girl could visit the sick kids in the hospital to cheer them up. 這個女孩可以去醫院看望生病的孩子,讓他們高興起來。
The boy could give out food at the food bank. 這個男孩可以在食物銀行分發食物。
The girl could volunteer in an after-school study program to teach kids. 這個女孩可以自願參加一個課外學習項目來教孩子們。
We need to come up with a plan to tell people about the city park clean-up. 我們需要想出一個計劃,告訴人們有關城市公園清理的情況。
We can’t put off making a plan. 我們不能推遲制定計劃。
We could put up signs. 我們可以張貼標語。
Let’s make some notices, too. 我們也要注意一下。
Then I’ll hand them out after school. 那我放學後再分發。
We could each call up 10 students and ask them to come.
我們可以每人給10個學生打電話,讓他們來。
They told me stories about the past and how things used to be.
他們給我講了過去和過去的故事。
Yeah, a lot of old people are lonely. 是啊,很多老人都很孤獨。
We should listen to them and care for them. 我們應該傾聽並關心他們。
Mario Green and Mary Brown from Riverside High School give up several hours each week to help others. 河濱中學的馬裏奧·格林和瑪麗·布朗每周放棄幾個小時幫助別人。
I get such a strong feeling of satisfaction when I see the animals get better and the look of joy on their owners’ faces.
當我看到動物們變得越來越好,看到它們主人臉上露出喜悅的表情時,我有一種強烈的滿足感。
Last year, She decided to try out for a volunteer after-school reading program.
去年,她決定參加一個課外閱讀志願者項目。
The kids are sitting in the library, but you can see in their eyes that they’re going on a different journey with each new book.
孩子們正坐在圖書館裏,但你可以從他們的眼睛裏看到,他們帶著每一本新書走上了不同的旅程。
We can make plans to help sick children in the hospital or raise money for homeless people.
我們可以制定計劃幫助醫院裏生病的孩子,或者爲無家可歸的人籌款。
I want to travel alone. 我想獨自旅行。
I repaired it up. 我把它修好了。
I fixed it up. 我把它修好了。
I gave away my bike to a children’s home. 我把自行車給了一個兒童之家。
Jimmy takes after his mother. 吉米像他媽媽。
Jimmy fixes up broken bicycle parts, like wheels. 吉米修理自行車的壞零件,像輪子。
Who wrote the letter to Miss Li? 是誰給李小姐寫的信?
I’m sure you know that this group was set up to help disabled people like me.
我相信你知道這個組織是爲了幫助像我這樣的殘疾人而成立的。
Lucky makes a big difference to my life. 幸運對我的生活有很大的影響。
What would it be like to be blind or deaf? 失明或失聰是什麽感覺?
Or imagine you can’t walk or use your hands easily. 或者想象你不能輕易地走路或用手。
Most people would never think about this, but many people have these difficulties.
大多數人都不會想到這一點,但很多人都有這些困難。
I can’t use my arms or legs well, so normal things like answering the telephone, opening and closing doors, or carrying things are difficult for me.
我不能很好地使用我的胳膊或腿,所以像接電話,開關門,或攜帶東西等正常的事情對我來說都很困難。
She talked to Animal Helpers about getting me a special trained dog. 她和動物助手談過給我買一只受過特殊訓練的狗。
I love animals and I was excited about the idea of having a dog. 我喜歡動物,我對養狗的想法很興奮。
After six months of training with a dog at Animal Helpers, I was able to bring him home. 在一只狗的幫助下訓練了6個月後,我終于把它帶回家了。
You see, I’m only able to have a “dog helper”because of your kindness!
你看,我只能有一個“狗幫手”因爲你的好意!
Lucky is very clever and understands many English words.
幸運是非常聰明的和並能理解許多英語單詞。
Thank you again for changing my life. 再次感謝你改變了我的生活。
What are you interests and hobbies? 你有什麽興趣和愛好?
Dear sir or Madam 尊敬的先生或女士
八年級下冊 Unit 3
Peter, could you please take out the rubbish? 彼得,你能把垃圾拿出來嗎?
Peter, could you please fold the clothes? 彼得,你能把衣服疊起來嗎?
Could you please sweep the floor? 你能掃地嗎?
And she won’t be happen if she sees this mess. 如果她看到這一團糟就會不高興。
I threw down my dag and went to the living room. 我扔下我的包,去了客廳。
You watch TV all the time and never help out around the house!
你總是看電視,從不在家裏幫忙!
She did not do any housework and neither did I. 她沒有做任何家務,我也沒有。
I Could not find a clean dish or a clean shirt. 我找不到幹淨的盤子或幹淨的襯衫。
My mom came over as soon as I sat down in front of the TV. 我一坐在電視機前媽媽就過來了。
Could you please pass me the salt? 請把鹽遞給我好嗎?
Could you borrow that book? 你能借那本書嗎?
Could you lend me some money? 你能借我點錢嗎?
No, I can’t.I cut my finger and I’m trying not to get it wet. 不,我不能。我割破了手指,我盡量不弄濕。
Well, I hate some chores too, but I like other chores. 嗯,我也討厭一些家務,但我喜歡其他家務。
Sure, I’ll finish my homework while you help me with the dishes. 當然,你幫我洗碗的時候我會完成作業的。
I need to buy some drinks and snacks. 我需要買些飲料和零食。
Kids these days already have enough stress from school. 現在從學校孩子已經有大的壓力。
Housework is a waste of their time. 做家務是浪費他們的時間。
They should spend their time on schoolwork in order to get good grades and get into a good university.
他們應該把時間花在功課上,以便取得好成績,考上好大學。
It is parents’s job to provide a clean and comfortable environment at home for their children. 爲孩子提供一個幹淨舒適的家庭環境是父母的職責。
And anyway, I think doing chores is not so difficult. 不管怎樣,我覺得做家務並不是那麽難。
Children these days depend on their parents too much. 現在的孩子太依賴父母了。
Doing chores helps to develop children’s independence and teaches them how to look after themselves. 做家務有助于培養孩子的獨立性,並教會他們如何照顧自己。
It also helps them to understand the idea of fairness. 這也有助于他們理解公平的理念。
Since they live in one house with their parents, they should know that everyone should do their part in keeping it clean and tidy. 因爲他們和父母住在一所房子裏,他們應該知道每個人都應該盡自己的努力保持房子的幹淨整潔。
Our neighbors’ son got into a good college but during his first year, he had no idea how to take care of himself. 我們鄰居的兒子上了一所好大學,但在第一年,他不知道如何照顧自己。
As a result, he often fell ill and his grades dropped. 結果,他經常生病,成績下降。
The earlier kids learn to be independent, the better it is for their future. 孩子越早學會獨立,對他們的未來就越好。
八年級下冊 Unit 4
My parents don’t allow me to hang out with my friends. 我父母不允許我和朋友出去玩。
What’s wrong? 發生了什麽?
I’m really tired because I studied until midnight last night. 我真的很累,因爲我昨晚一直學習到午夜。
I found my sister looking through my things yesterday. 昨天我發現我妹妹在看我的東西。
Well, I guess you could tell her to say sorry. 好吧,我想你可以告訴她說對不起。
Although She’s wrong, it’s not a big deal. 雖然她錯了,但沒什麽大不了的。
Hope things work out. 希望一切順利。
My problem is that I can’t get on with my family. 我的問題是我不能和家人相處。
Relations between my parents have become difficult. 我父母之間的關系變得困難了。
It’s the only communication they have. 這是他們唯一的交流方式。
When they argue, It’s like a big, black cloud hanging over our home. 當他們爭吵的時候,就像一朵烏雲籠罩著我們的家。
Also, my elder brother is not very nice to me. 而且,我哥哥對我也不是很好。
Instead he watches whatever he wants until late at night.
相反,他想看什麽就看什麽,直到深夜。
I always feel lonely and nervous. 我總是感到孤獨和緊張。
If your parents are having problems, you should offer to help. 如果你父母有問題,你應該主動幫忙。
Maybe you could do more jobs around the house so that they have more time for proper communication. 也許你可以在家裏做更多的工作,這樣他們就有更多的時間進行適當的交流。
Secondly, why don’t you sit down and communicate with your brother? 其次,你爲什麽不坐下來和你哥哥交流呢?
You should explain that you don’t mind him watching TV all the time. 你告訴他你不介意他一直看電視。
Although he’s your best friend, you should still tell him that coping other’s homework is wrong.
盡管他是你最好的朋友,你還是應該告訴他,抄襲別人的作業是錯誤的。
My cousin borrows my things without returning them. 我表哥借我的東西不還。
Your best friend does not trust you anymore. 你最好的朋友不再信任你了。
Talk to parents or other family members. 與父母或其他家庭成員交談。
My parents give me a lot of pressure about school. 我父母給我很大的上學壓力。
I have to compete with my classmates at school. 我必須在學校和我的同學競爭。
Who gives their opinions about the problem? 誰對這個問題發表意見?
Many of them are learning exam skills so that they can get into a good high school and later a good university.
他們中的許多人正在學習考試技巧,以便能夠進入一所好的高中,然後進入一所好的大學。
The Taylors are a typical American family. 泰勒一家是典型的美國家庭。
I take one of my boys to basketball practice and my daughter to football training.
我帶我的一個兒子去籃球訓練,我的女兒去足球訓練。
Maybe I could cut out a few of their activities, but I believe these activities are important for my children’s future.
也許我可以取消他們的一些活動,但我相信這些活動對我孩子的未來很重要。
They have a quick dinner, and then it’s time for homework.
他們吃了一頓快餐,然後是做作業的時候了。
In some families, competition starts very young and continues until the kids get older. 在一些家庭裏,競爭從很小的時候就開始了,一直持續到孩子們長大。
And they are always comparing them with other children.
他們總是把他們和其他孩子比較。
It’s crazy. 太瘋狂了。
People shouldn’t push their kids so hard. 人們不應該把孩子逼得這麽凶。
Doctors says too much pressure is not good for a child’s development. 醫生說壓力太大對孩子的發育不利。
Dr.Alice Green says all these activities can cause a lot of stress for children. 艾麗斯·格林博士說,所有這些活動都會給孩子們帶來很大的壓力。
八年級下冊 Unit 5
What were you doing when the rainstorm came? 暴風雨來的時候你在幹什麽?
My alarm didn’t go off so I woke up late. 我的鬧鍾沒有響,所以我醒得很晚。
It began to rain heavily. 開始下大雨了。
When the rainstorm suddenly came, What were you doing? 當暴風雨突然來臨時,你在做什麽?
I called at seven and you didn’t pick up. 我七點打電話給你,你沒接。
That’s strange. 真奇怪。
The Storm Brought People Closer Together. 暴風雨把人們拉近了距離。
Ben could hear strong winds outside his home in Alabama. 本在阿拉巴馬州的家外面能聽到強風。
With no light outside, it felt like midnight. 外面沒有燈光,感覺像是午夜。
The news on TV reported that a heavy rainstorm was in the area. 電視上的新聞報道說該地區有一場暴雨。
Ben’s dad was putting pieces of wood over the windows while his mom was making sure the flashlights and radio were working. 本的爸爸在窗戶上放木片,而他媽媽正在確認手電筒和收音機是否正常工作。
She also put some candles and matches on the table. 她還在桌子上放了一些蠟燭和火柴。
Ben was helping his mom making dinner when the rain began to beat heavily against the windows.
本正在幫他媽媽做晚飯,這時雨開始猛烈地打在窗戶上。
He finally fell asleep when the wind was dying down at around 3: a.m. 淩晨3點左右,風漸漸減弱,他終于睡著了。
When he woke up, the sun was rising. 他醒來時,太陽正在升起。
Fallen trees, broken windows and rubbish were everywhere. 倒下的樹木、破碎的窗戶和垃圾隨處可見。
Although the storm broke many things apart, it brought families and neighbors closer together. 雖然風暴把許多東西都分開了,但它使家庭和鄰居更親密了。
My brother and I went out right away to have a look. 我哥哥和我馬上出去看看。
The roads were icy because of the heavy snow from the night before. 由于前天晚上下了大雪,道路結冰了。
You’re kidding! 你在開玩笑!
When I got to the bus stop, I realized that my bag was still at home. 當我到達公共汽車站時,我意識到我的包還在家裏。
Well,I left my house late and when the competition started,I was still making my way to school.
嗯,我離家晚了,比賽開始時,我還在上學。
What are the tow events in the passage? 文章中的兩個事件是什麽?
Robert Allen is now over 50, but he was a school pupil at that time. 羅伯特·艾倫現在50多歲了,但那時他還是個小學生。
My parents were completely shocked. 我父母完全震驚了。
My parents did not talk after that, and we finished the rest of our dinner in silence. 我父母在那之後沒有說話,剩下的晚餐我們都默默地吃完了。
More recently, most Americans remember what they were doing when the World Trade Center in New York was taken down by terrorists. 最近,大多數美國人還記得他們在紐約世貿中心被恐怖分子摧毀時的所作所爲。
Even the date —September 11 2001–has meaning to most Americans. 即使是2001年9月11日,對大多數美國人來說也有意義。
She remembers working in her office near the tow towers. 她記得她在塔樓附近的辦公室工作。
I didn’t believe him first, but then I looked out the window and realized that is was true. 我起初不相信他,但後來我向窗外望去,發現那是真的。
Kate didn’t think her friend was telling the truth about the event. 凱特不認爲她的朋友說的是事實。
八年級下冊 Unit 6
Hou Yi shoots the suns. 後羿射日。
Where would they put all the earth and stone from the mountains? 他們要把山上的泥土和石頭都放在哪裏呢?
He told Yu Gong he could never do it because he was old and weak. 他告訴愚公他永遠做不到,因爲他又老又弱。
Finally, a god was so move by Yu Gong that he sent tow gods to take the mountains away. 最後,一位神靈被愚公感動,派了兩位神靈把山帶走。
This story reminds us that you can never know what’s possible unless you try to make it happen. 這個故事提醒我們,除非你努力去實現,否則你永遠不可能知道什麽是可能的。
I think it’s a little bit silly. 我覺得有點傻。
But what could Yu Gong do instead of moving the mountains? 但是愚公除了移山還能做什麽呢?
This is because he can make 72 changes to his shape and size. 這是因爲他可以改變72個形狀和大小。
But unless he can hide his tail, he cannot turn himself into a person. 但除非他能隱藏自己的尾巴,否則他不能把自己變成一個人。
To fight bad people, the Monkey King uses a magic stick. 爲了對付壞人,孫悟空用了一根魔杖。
The Monkey King has excited the children of China for many years. 多年來,孫悟空一直讓中國的孩子們興奮不已。
Western children became interested in reading this story because the clever Monkey King keeps fighting to help the weak and never gives up. 西方的孩子們之所以對這個故事感興趣,是因爲聰明的孫悟空一直在努力幫助弱者,從不放棄。
Once upon a time there was a very old man. 從前有一個非常老的人。
As soon as her father died, the stepsisters made her do all the chores. 她父親一死,繼女們就讓她做所有的家務。
As soon as the prince saw her, he fell in love with her. 王子一見到她,就愛上了她。
The prince knew that unless the girl’s foot could fit the shoe, it was not the right girl. 王子知道,除非女孩的腳能穿得下這只鞋,否則就不是合適的女孩。
The new couple were so happy that they couldn’t stop smiling when they got married. 這對新婚夫婦非常高興,他們結婚時總是笑個不停。
But the emperor had to give them silk and gold. 但是皇帝不得不給他們絲綢和黃金。
When the emperor looked at himself, he only saw his underwear. 皇帝看自己的時候,只看到了他的內褲。
Nobody wanted to sound stupid, so everyone said his new clothes were wonderful. 沒人想聽上去很蠢,所以大家都說他的新衣服很棒。
They were trying to cheat the emperor. 他們想欺騙皇帝。
Hansel and Gretel lived near a forest with their father and stepmother. 漢瑟和格雷特和他們的父親和繼母住在森林附近。
The wife told her husband that unless he left the children to die in the forest, the whole family would die. 妻子告訴丈夫,除非他把孩子留在森林裏死去,否則全家都會死。
Scene one 第一幕
I’m going outside to get something in the moonlight. 我要出去在月光下找點東西。
Tonight, when the moon is shining bright, we’ll be able to see the stones. 今晚,當月亮明亮的時候,我們可以看到石頭。
I cant’t see any bread on the ground. 我看不到地上有面包。
It’s leading us to that wonderful house made of bread. 它把我們帶到那間用面包做得漂亮房子。
Then they hear an old woman’s voice from inside the house. 然後他們聽到一個老婦人的聲音從屋裏傳來。
Who is brave enough to eat my house? 誰敢吃我的房子?
八年級下冊 Unit 7
Qomolangma is about 9,600,000 square kilometers in size. 珠穆朗瑪峰的面積約爲9600000平方公裏。
The Sahara is 1,025 meters deep. 撒哈拉沙漠有1025米深。
The Sahara is the biggest desert in the world. 撒哈拉沙漠是世界上最大的沙漠。
China has the biggest population in the world. 中國是世界上人口最多的國家。
China is almost as big as the US, and it is the biggest country in Asia. 中國幾乎和美國一樣大,是亞洲最大的國家。
Feel free to ask me anything on today’s Great Wall tour. 在今天的長城之旅中,你可以問我任何問題。
tourist1: 旅遊者1:
How long is the wall? 這堵牆有多長?
Wow, that’s amazing! 哇,太棒了!
Why did the ancient emperors build the wall? 古代帝王爲什麽要築牆?
The main reason was to protect their part of the country. 主要原因是爲了保護他們國家的一部分。
As you can see, it’s quite tall and wide. 如你所見,它又高又寬。
As far as I know, there are no man-made objects as big as this. 據我所知,沒有比這更大的人造物體了。
achievements of climbers 登山者的成就
The Himalayas run along the southwestern part of China. 喜馬拉雅山脈位于中國西南部。
Thick clouds cover the top and snow can fall very hard. 厚厚的雲層覆蓋著山頂,雪會下得很大。
Even more serious difficulties include freezing weather conditions and heavy storms. 更嚴重的困難包括冰凍的天氣條件和強風暴。
It is also very hard to take in air as you get near the top. 當你接近山頂時,也很難吸入空氣。
The first Chinese team did so in 1960, while the first woman to succeed was Junko Tabei from Japan in 1975. 1960年,第一支中國隊這樣做了,而第一位成功的女性是1975年來自日本的田北俊子。
One of the main reasons is because people want to challenge themselves in the face of difficulties. 其中一個主要原因是人們想在困難面前挑戰自己。
The spirit of these climbers shows us that we should never give up trying to achieve our dreams. 這些登山者的精神告訴我們,我們不應該放棄努力實現夢想的。
It also shows that humans can sometimes be stronger than the forces of nature. 它還表明,人類有時可以比大自然的力量更強大。
Why do so many people try to climb this mountain even though it is dangerous? 爲什麽這麽多人試圖爬這座山,盡管它很危險?
No ocean in the world is as big as the Pacific Ocean. 世界上沒有一個海洋比太平洋大。
At birth, it’s only around 15 cm long, but an adult panda is around 150 cm long. 出生時,它只有15厘米長,但成年熊貓大約150厘米長。
This elephant weighs many times more than this panda. 這只大象比這只熊貓重很多倍。
At birth, it’s only around 15 cm long,but an adult panda is around 150 cm long. 出生時,它只有15厘米長,但成年大熊貓大約有150厘米長。
At birth, it’s only around 15 cm long,but an adult panda is around 150 cm long. 出生時,它只有15厘米長,但成年大熊貓大約有151厘米長。
They can live up to 20 to 30 years. 它們可以活到20到30年。
An adult panda weighs many times more than a baby panda. 一只成年熊貓的體重是一只小熊貓的許多倍。
The Chinese government is also planting more bamboo trees so there will be more forests for pandas to live in. 中國政府也在種植更多的竹子,以便有更多的森林供大熊貓居住。
An education program in Chengdu teaches children in cities about pandas and other endangered animals. 成都的一個教育項目向城市裏的孩子們傳授熊貓和其他瀕危動物的知識。
It is 8:30 a.m.at the Chengdu Research Base. 現在是上午8:30,在成都研究基地。
Lin Wei and the other panda keepers are preparing the milk for the baby pandas’ breakfast.
林偉和其他熊貓飼養員正在爲熊貓寶寶的早餐准備牛奶。
At 9:00 a.m, they find that most of the babies are already awake and hungry. 早上9點,他們發現大多數嬰兒已經醒了,餓了。
When the babies see the keepers, they run over with excitement and some of then even walk into their friends and fall over! 當孩子們看到飼養員時,他們興奮地跑過去,其中一些甚至走進他們的朋友身邊摔倒了!
The babies often die from illnesses and do not live very long. 這些嬰兒經常因病死亡,壽命不長。
Scientists say there are now fewer than 2000 pandas living in the remaining forests. 科學家說,現在僅存的森林裏生活著不到2000只大熊貓。
Another 200 or so live in zoos or research centers in China and other countries. 另有200多人生活在中國和其他國家的動物園或研究中心。
The children sing songs or make artwork about pandas and other wild animals. 孩子們唱歌或制作有關熊貓和其他野生動物的藝術品。
Humans catch whales for meat, fat and oil. 人類捕鯨是爲了獲取肉、脂肪和油。
Rules on whale protection 鯨魚保護規則
八年級下冊 Unit 8
Have you read Treasure Island? 你讀過金銀島嗎?
Oliver Twist is about a boy who goes out to sea and finds an island full of treasures. 《霧都孤兒》講述的是一個男孩出海發現了一個充滿寶藏的小島。
Robinson Crusoe is a classic. 《魯濱遜漂流記》是一部經典之作。
I’m only on page 25. 我只看到25頁。
You should hurry up. 你應該快點。
The book report is due in tow weeks. 書報兩周後交。
But I’ve found the ship and made a small boat. 但我找到了船,造了一條小船。
I’ve brought back many things I can use–food and drink, tools, knives and guns. 我帶回了很多我能用的東西——食物和飲料,工具,刀槍。
A few weeks ago, I found the marks of another man’s feet on the sand. 幾周前,我在沙灘上發現了另一個人的腳印。
Not long after that, I saw some cannibals trying to kill two men from a broken ship. 不久之後,我看到一些食人族試圖從一艘破船上殺死兩個人。
One of them died but the other ran towards my house. 其中一個死了,另一個跑向我房子。
Her favorite kind of books is science fiction. 她最喜歡的書是科幻小說。
She is interested in science and technology. 她對科學技術感興趣。
She finished reading a book about robots last week and will write a book report about it next week for her a French class. 上周她讀完了一本關于機器人的書,下周她將爲法語課寫一篇關于機器人的讀書報告。
I guess what they’ playing is pop music, right? 我猜他們演奏的是流行音樂,對吧?
Yes, but it sounds more like rock. 是的,但聽起來更像搖滾樂。
There are five people in the band and they’s all teenage boys. 樂隊裏有五個人,他們都是十幾歲的男孩。
A country music song changed her life forever. 一首鄉村音樂歌曲永遠改變了她的生活。
While she was studying abroad in England, she heard song full of feelings about returning home on the radio. 在英國留學期間,她在收音機裏聽到了一首充滿回國情懷的歌曲。
She came to realize how much she actually missed all of them. 她開始意識到她是多麽想念他們。
Ever since then, she has been a fan American country music. 從那以後,她一直是美國鄉村音樂的粉絲。
Country is a traditional kind of music from the southern states of American. 鄉村音樂是美國南部各州的一種傳統音樂。
Many songs these days are just about modern life in the US, such as the importance of money and success, but not about belong to a group. 現在很多歌曲都是關于美國的現代生活,比如金錢和成功的重要性,而不是關于屬于一個群體。
However, country music brings us back to the “good old days” when people were kind to each other and trusted one another. 然而,鄉村音樂使我們回到了人們彼此友好、相互信任的“美好往日”。
It reminds us that the best things in life are free– laughter, friends, family, and the beauty of nature and the countryside. 它提醒我們,生活中最美好的東西是自由的——笑聲、朋友、家人,還有大自然和鄉村的美麗。
He’s sold more than 120 million records. 他賣出了超過1.2億張唱片。
He’s sold more than 121 million records. 他賣出了超過1.21億張唱片。
Have you introduced this singer to others? 你把這位歌手介紹給別人了嗎?
the first line in the song 歌曲的第一行
八年級下冊 Unit 9
Linda has been to the amusement park. 琳達去過遊樂園。
Let’s go somewhere different today. 我們今天去別的地方吧。
I love all the old movie cameras there. 我喜歡那裏所有的老攝影機。
I learned about the inventions that led to color movies, too. 我也學到了導致彩色電影的發明。
They have information about different computers and who invented them. 他們有關于不同計算機的信息,以及誰發明了這些計算機。
It’s unbelievable that technology has progressed in such a rapid way! 令人難以置信的是,科技進步如此之快!
It’s unbelievable that technology has progressed in such a rapid way! 令人難以置信的是,科技進步如此之快!
I’ve recently been to a very unusual museum in India, the International Museum of Toilets. 我最近去過印度一個非常不尋常的博物館,國際廁所博物館。
It also encourages governments and social groups to think about ways to improve toilets in the future. 它還鼓勵政府和社會團體考慮今後改善廁所的方法。
It’s a relaxing and peaceful place near a lake. 這是一個靠近湖邊的放松和甯靜的地方。
The tea art performances show how to make a perfect cup of tea with beautiful tea sets. 茶藝表演展示了如何用漂亮的茶具泡出一杯完美的茶。
Watching the tea preparation is just as enjoyable as drinking the tea itself. 看茶具的准備和喝茶一樣令人愉快。
I’ve finally realized why my grandpa loves drinking tea and collecting tea sets. 我終于明白我爺爺爲什麽喜歡喝茶和收集茶具。
I’ve been there a couple of times, but I’m happy to go again. 我去過那裏幾次,但我很高興再去一次。
There are some special German paintings there right now. 那裏現在有一些特別的德國畫。
Disneyland is an amusement part with a special theme–Disneyland characters and movies. 迪斯尼樂園是一個以迪斯尼人物和電影爲主題的娛樂場所。
This is a boat ride with a Disney theme. 這是一次以迪斯尼爲主題的乘船旅行。
Have you ever been to another province in China? 你去過中國的另一個省嗎?
For thousands of tourists from China, this small island in Southeast Asia is a wonderful and safe place to take a holiday. 對于成千上萬來自中國的遊客來說,這個位于東南亞的小島是一個美妙而安全的度假勝地。
On the one hand, more than three quarters of the population are Chinese, so you can simply speak Putonghua a lot of the time.On the other hand, Singapore is an English-speaking country, so it’s also a good place to practice your English! 一方面,超過四分之三的人口是中國人,所以你可以簡單地說普通話很多時間。另一方面,新加坡是一個講英語的國家,所以也是練習英語的好地方!
Maybe you fear that you won’t be able to find anything good to eat when you travel. 也許你擔心旅行時找不到好吃的。
Whether you like Indian food, Western food or Japanese food, you’ll find it all in Singapore. 不管你喜歡印度菜、西餐還是日本菜,你都會在新加坡找到。
If you go to see lions, tigers or foxes during the daytime, they’ll probably be asleep! 如果你白天去看獅子、老虎或狐狸,它們可能會睡著!
One great thing about Singapore is that the temperature is almost the same all year round. 新加坡的一大特點是全年氣溫幾乎相同。
This is because the island is so close to the equator. 這是因爲這個島離赤道太近了。
So you can choose to go whenever you like– spring, summer, autumn or winter! 所以你可以選擇去任何你喜歡的地方–春天,夏天,秋天或者冬天!
Mostly Chinese and English. 主要是中文和英文。
Size and location: 大小和位置:
八年級下冊 Unit 10
Jeff’s family is having a yard sale. 傑夫的家人正在進行庭院拍賣。
Amy wants to keep her old things because they bring back sweet memories.
艾米想保留她的舊東西,因爲它們能帶來甜蜜的回憶。
You can have it for 75 cents. 你可以花75美分買它。
Amy, can we give away these soft toys? 艾米,我們能把這些軟玩具送人嗎?
I want to keep the bear because I’ve had it since I was a baby. 我想養這只熊,因爲我從小就有了它。
One last thing is a bread maker. 最後一件事是做面包的。
But I want to keep the hat and scarf for ice skating. 但我想留著滑冰用的帽子和圍巾。
And check out these soft toys and board games for younger kids.
看看這些給小孩子的軟玩具和棋盤遊戲。
My daughter is 16 and my boy is already in junior high school.
我女兒16歲,我兒子已經上初中了。
My daughter is 17 and my boy is already in junior high school.
我女兒17歲,我兒子已經上初中了。
We have already cleared out a lot of things from our bedrooms.
我們已經清理了臥室裏的很多東西。
We have decided to each sell five things that we no longer use.
我們決定每人出售五件不再使用的東西。
For example, he has owned a train and railway set since his fourth birthday, and he played with it almost every week until he was about seven.
例如,他從四歲生日起就擁有一輛火車和一套火車,他幾乎每周都玩火車,直到7歲左右。
My daughter was more understanding , although she also felt sad to part with certain toys.
我女兒更加理解我,盡管她也對某些玩具感到難過。
As for me, I did not want to give up my football shirts, but, to be honest, I have not played for a while now.
至于我,我不想放棄我的足球衫,但是,說實話,我已經有一段時間沒踢過球了。
Some people still live in their hometown. 有些人仍然住在他們的家鄉。
Nowadays, millions of Chinese leave the countryside to search for work in the cities.
如今,數以百萬計的中國人離開農村到城市找工作。
Among these is Zhong Wei, a-46-year-old husband and father.
其中有46歲的丈夫兼父親鍾偉。
With a hard job in a crayon factory, he doesn’t find much time to visit his hometown.
由于在蠟筆廠工作很辛苦,他沒有多少時間去家鄉。
It’s a shame, but I just don’t have the time. 很遺憾,但我只是沒有時間。
Many people like Zhong Wei regard with great interest how their hometowns have changed.
許多像鍾偉這樣的人非常關心他們家鄉的變化。
Children have learned to read and count at my old primary school since the mid-20th century.
從20世紀中葉開始,孩子們就在我原來的小學裏學習閱讀和數數。
According to Zhong Wei, however, some things will never change.
不過,鍾偉認爲,有些事情永遠不會改變。
In my hometown, there was a big old tree opposite the school.
在我的家鄉,學校對面有一個很大的樹。
Most of the children in my time liked to play together under that big tree, especially during the summer holidays.
我那個時代的大多數孩子都喜歡在那棵大樹下一起玩,尤其是在暑假。
It was such a happy childhood. 那是一個快樂的童年。
Zhong Wei hasn’t been back in close to three years.
鍾偉已經快三年沒回去了。
His hometown is still the place that holds all his childhood memories. 他的家鄉仍然是保存他所有童年記憶的地方。